I create unique graphic and photographic patterns for textiles, surfaces and licensed products. Cuddle Bat Graphics (the design firm founded by my husband and myself) provides designer textile products as well as photography and design services, including web and print for marketing. At SRP I create marketing materials (catalogs, brochures, flyers). I have also illustrated dozens of custom plastic panels (cut via CNC machine) for playground structures (many of these panels were for the Sandy Ground Project – Where Angels Play).
- Years of Experience by Software/Skill:
- Photoshop: 10 years
- Illustrator: 6 years
- InDesign: 3 years
- Designing Repeat Patterns: 4 years
- Drawing/Illustration: 20 years
- Watercolor Painting: 7 years
- Zentangles: 10 years
Playland | I created this catalog from the ground up. Utilizing photography and digital renderings of our play structures and playground components, I crafted this 212 page monster. I put in months of work into this catalog. It required a lot of Photoshop, Illustrator, and especially InDesign. It is the largest catalog I have designed to date. The dealers who sell our products gave it a standing ovation.
Child Works | This was my first full length catalog. At 92 pages with over 1,200 images, this catalog was a great challenge and really advanced my understanding of design and content management for print.
Superior Shade | This was my first full length catalog. At 92 pages with over 1,200 images, this catalog was a great challenge and really advanced my understanding of design and content management for print.
Emma Lee Dyer
Pattern and Graphic Designer • Cuddle Bat Graphics and SRP
- Lithia Springs, Georgia (Greater Atlanta Area)
I create unique graphic and photographic patterns for textiles, surfaces and licensed products.
Cuddle Bat Graphics (the design firm founded by my husband and myself) provides designer textile products as well as photography and design services, including web and print for marketing.
At SRP I create marketing materials (catalogs, brochures, flyers). My biggest project was a 212 page catalog woth thousands of SKU item numbers. I have also illustrated dozens of custom plastic panels (cut via CNC machine) for playground structures (many of these panels were for the Sandy Ground Project - Where Angels Play).
BFA in Illustration from SCAD with 3.47 GPA
Years of Experience by Software/Skill:
• Photoshop: 10 years
• Illustrator: 6 years
• InDesign: 3 years
• Designing Repeat Patterns: 4 years
• Drawing/Illustration: 20 years
• Watercolor Painting: 7 years
• Zentangles: 10 years
Product and Graphic Designer
Cuddle Bat Graphics, LLC
Partnership; 1-10 employees; Design industry
January 2011 – Present (3 years 4 months) Atlanta, GA
Responsibilities and Achievements Include:
• WordPress Site Management for Cenegenics Arizona
• Creation and Management of 150 seamless patterns with 16 versions in four file types used for creation of final printed products and marketing materials
• Managing thousands of files daily and creating an organized archive
• More than doubled traffic and sign-ups for Cenegenics by creating an intuitive and inviting website
Graphic and Marketing Publications Designer
Superior Recreational Products
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Recreational Facilities and Services industry
May 2013 – Present (1 year) Carrollton, GA
Responsibilities and Achievements Include:
• Creating Catalogs and Brochures
• Archiving and maintaining thousands of files and images of products
• Created and named the 21 color schemes used for the play structures in the 2014 catalog
• Created and optimized designs for custom CNC cut HDPE plastic panels to go onto playgrounds for the Sandy Grounds project that were so well received that they saved a contract for SRP that was worth $1.4 Million that would otherwise have been revoked due to shortfalls in production unrelated to my designs.
Sales Associate and Gallery Management Assistant
An American Craftsman Gallery
August 2011 – November 2011 (4 months)
Responsibilities: Opening, greeting and assisting customers, making sales and returns, general maintenance, light custodial work, jewelry repair, window display design, in store aesthetics, taking inventory, answering the phone, making shipments, gift wrapping, creating spreadsheets to reflect data relevant to gallery operations using mathematical formulas, accepting new inventory, and closing. Noteworthy accomplishment: on multiple occasions I have more than met the established sales goal for the day, sometimes even doubling the amount.
SCAD Res Life
Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2008 – November 2008 (3 months)
• Event planning
• Team building
• Conflict Resolution
• Conducting surveys and encouraging student involvement
• Creating an environment that fostered learning and peaceful community values
Skills & Expertise
- Digital Illustration
- Graphic Design
- Surface Pattern Design
- Art Direction
- Product Design
- Textile Design
- Creative Direction
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Networking
- Web Development
- Team Leadership
- Photo Editing
- Catalog Design
- Brochure Design
- Social Media
- Adobe Bridge
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Watercolor Illustration
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Team Members: Emma Lee Dyer
- 2011 to Present
This is my portfolio page on cuddlebat.com where I exhibit all my best work. Some of these designs date back a year or two, but I tend to keep the best and most recent projects at the top. Primarily I show off my patterns here, but if you skip to the bottom you will find my catalog designs.